Saturday, May 30, 2009

Cats and Sunshine

The weather was much more satisfactory today, being about 80 and mostly sunny, and I was in heaven to have the windows open again. Amazing how stale the air got in just a few days of "too cold for open windows".

Miri is a window cat, and so she too enjoyed the reopening. This week has been a turning point for her, in terms of her behavior to me. For over four months, she has been in love with Harold, but dubious as to the wisdom of allowing me to think I have any say in anything. Now, however, she is finally edging into the zone of accepting my attention as perhaps not being part of some vile plot to harm her.

In other words, she's letting me pet her a lot more, sometimes even when Harold isn't right there; she has come onto the bed at night, even when my eyes are open; and she has failed to run instantly for cover when I enter a room.

I even think perhaps she is naturally wide-eyed, and not just scared by me.


This is my natural expression. What do you mean, relax?
What will you do if I don't?

As is so often the case, the short work-week did not feel short, so I have fully enjoyed kicking back today. I went for a nice long walk, but otherwise didn't "do" much. Very nice.

Must end with a few of these. Too cute, and too true!

funny pictures of cats with captions

I am helpless to resist the cute.

funny pictures of cats with captions

Helpless, I say.

1 comment:

  1. Hope you had a nice weekend ...

    we may have to see the movie UP sometime soon.

    Love you, jdj

    ReplyDelete