Saturday, June 20, 2009

Saturday Health Update (cough-cough)

I'm feeling slightly better today than I did yesterday. Not great, but better. While yesterday, calling in sick to work required no thought, no interior debate, no questioning whether I was actually sick or just sleepy, if today had been a work day, I would have had to think about it.

Though I hope I would have chosen not to go to work, because now, at the end of the day (in a work sense), I'm wiped out by the tremendous exertion of lunch and a movie. It was good to go out, for morale at least, it was fun, and I highly recommend Up except to small children (those dogs are a little scary, friends), but I? Am pooped.

The sore throat is mostly gone, but I have a tickle-cough that is making me realize how I often I talk to myself as I go about my day. I start talking, and I start coughing, from a small throat-clearing up to the occasional sonic boom. I'm also sneezing hard enough that it sounds like this: "Ah-choo! Ow..." Yes, just a barrel of laughs around here. I believe it may be time to lie down again, horizontal on the couch if nothing else. Staying upright is so tiring... I need to gather my strength for tomorrow, and the arduous program of laundry and groceries. I'll try to clean up the kitchen tonight, so I don't leave all the fun for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment