Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Yes, I really do still knit

I feel like I wrote about knitting more over the six months when I was virtually only working on the socks and the baby blanket, than I have in the few months since then.

And I do still knit! Last week, in fact, I started this:


You start at the top of the front, work down to the bottom, and continue on the "back", then seam the sides and voila, it's a pretty little bag. (The Ravelry link is here.) It's very hard to photograph, as one really needs two hands to hold it down, leaving none to hold the camera. But I got to here in short order*:


*Ahem, on my third start. The first time, I used bigger needles and decided I didn't like that look only a few rows in. Second time, I learned just too late that there's an error in the row-by-row instructions (there's also a chart, so I didn't have to search for errata to confirm my suspicions that knitting three together on the eyelet row left me with too few stitches). Knitting two together is awkward enough, three was a total PITA, and to have been for naught! I frogged and didn't restart until the next day.

And at stitch and bitch last night, I got to the turn and started up the back.


I'm using yarn that a friend brought me from England two years ago. I've been waiting for it to tell me what it wanted to be (note to non-knitters: knitters will understand this concept, and not think it strange, truly), and I think this is going to show it off just fine. I love this shade of blue!

Also, I'm 100% sure I've effed up the pattern more than once, and you know what? I don't care. I can't tell, and it's still pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment