Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Survived Tuesday

Today the temperature was in the 90s, actually record-setting. Personally, I loved it, though I heard complaints. But there's a cold front coming through now, and it should be in the 60s tomorrow.

The change is disorienting, much the way I feel to be home again. Home, and everything's the same as when I left, but my life isn't the same. I worked today, and tried to give it my full attention, or at least as much as necessary to do good work. It's just so hard to care about filing this or printing that right now. It didn't help that some people know Dad was sick, but not the outcome, so two different people asked me today how he was. Ouch. Not "run sobbing from the room" painful, but hard.

Anyway, it is what it is, and it could have been worse (my Dad+nursing home=very bad), and it will get better (very, verrrrrrrrry slowly, over a loooooooooooong period of time). And tonight I had dinner with friends, and they gave me chocolate (perhaps flowers or a plant are more traditional gifts in bereavement, but they know me really well), and I'm going to play with some yarn now and watch some hockey. There are two game sevens tonight (games seven?) and then the Bruins will finally know who they play in round 2. Given their absence from the second round for the last, oh, ten years or so, that makes me happy. And Daddy would be happy for me.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I"m so sorry about your dad. And glad you survived Tuesday. One day at a time is a great place to start.

    ReplyDelete