Monday, March 23, 2009

So this is Monday

Well, I have a cracked tooth. Which means I have to hope that the temporary crown takes care of the problem (and thus leads to a permanent crown and happily ever after), and not to a root canal which may or may not work, and if not, well extracting the tooth sounds like such fun, doesn't it?

Sigh.

Then, I bought Benadryl to give Harold for his wheezing. Interestingly, it turns out that cats, like humans, might have wildly opposed reactions to Benadryl. He may sleep a lot, the woman at the vet told me (I laughed, because hello, he's a cat!). Or, he might get manic. Fabulous! Sounds like oh so much fun.

As soon as I got home, I cut a pill in half, crushed one half, and mixed it with some wet cat food. I put it down in front of him, and he took One Bite. Then he backed away, licking his lips and giving me horrified looks, and went under the bed for a few minutes, until he felt that I wasn't going to rush him and forcibly drug him.

This cat is way too smart for my own good.

I managed to get it into him, at least temporarily, using a mixture of stealth and force, but he retreated back under the bed, and may very well have left a damp pink pill along his path.

Sigh.

I would like to think tomorrow will be better, but since I'm going back to the dentist to get the temporary crown, followed by a previously scheduled appointment with the eye doctor (at which we will doubtless discuss how my eyesight is declining in my old age), and also since I am supposed to keep dosing Harold to see if the Benadryl helps his wheezing ... I kind of doubt it will be better.

1 comment:

  1. I finally realized I should taste meds before trying to slip them into into a cat's food. Some stuff (clindamycin, etc.) is just NOXIOUSLY bitter, and Id just as soon know it before thinking I can pass it off mixed into some tuna when I can't.

    ReplyDelete