Friday, March 13, 2009

So this is Friday, at last

At last, the weekend, ahh. That first week after the time changes is that much harder and more annoying, isn't it? (Just nod.) I'm tired by the end of a regular week, and this is just that little bit More So.

Today was a day of minor annoyances, but I got a lot done at work and that's always a good feeling. I just realized that I've been at the "new" job for four months! When did that happen? Recent shuffling in the higher-ups notwithstanding, I feel like I'm settling down into my position so much more, and am at the point I longed for in November, when I was so ready to be more settled in this strange new job. They know I'm good, and trustworthy, and we can all relax a little.

Funny story: I'll be getting my first work review soon! Some companies do reviews on your hire anniversary, but GenericCompanyName, Inc., is of the "get it all done once a year" persuasion, and apparently, February is the month for it, even if you started in November. (And yes, I'm aware that it's March. Talk to my boss. She's been busy.) I look forward to reading about how wonderful I am.

In totally unrelated news, I heard last month that Depeche Mode will be touring this year for their new album, due out in April. I'm quite excited, and trying to remember when I last went to a concert. (Probably, the last time Depeche toured, except did I? The last album was out in 2005, and I don't remember going so recently. Must research this.)

Tickets go on sale next week, and I was looking online tonight for info, but here's the funny thing: I can't find the prices, except on a couple of ticket reseller sites. I'm really hoping those are marked up, because if they're not joking about $71 for lawn tickets, they're probably not joking about $795 for front and center, either. Not that I was planning to buy in the first tier, but still! Have they not heard there's a recession?

I'll go anyway, and I have a DM friend who wants to go too, yay. But I feel a little old and creaky to sit on the lawn. Even if I stand the whole time, I want the "real estate" of an actual seat. Besides, what if I don't like the opener? (Hello, Nitzer Ebb.) I won't want to stand during that.

I'm just so glad it's the weekend. I'm glad I can go to bed soon, and sleep as late as I can, and do laundry in as lazy a fashion as possible, and the weather's supposed to be decent, and that will do, my friends. That will do.

No comments:

Post a Comment