Monday, March 30, 2009

Done!

Needs to be blocked ("severely", according to the pattern), but it's done, done, done! Even all the ends are woven in. Just block and it's finished and done!


With a book for scale.


If you've been working on a difficult or long-term project, I highly recommend finishing it at your stitch and bitch. Everyone, even our waitress, was excited for me, which made the completion even better. Yay! It was so exciting to remove the needles at last, and see it all stretched out.

The blanket and the socks done within a week, I can hardly believe it. I scarcely worked on anything else for the last six months. I didn't really show you the socks, did I? I can't get over how well they fit. Here:


Now whatever will I knit next?

I'm waiting for Wendy to release the pattern for her Sunflower Socks ... I bookmarked Abrazo from Knitty last Fall, but I don't have the yarn for that, so it will have to wait a bit. Not that I have the yarn for the socks, either ... perhaps I should look at the yarn I do have, eh? I'm twin-sitting this Saturday, so I have to have something to knit (after they're in bed, of course, not much knitting with two toddlers running around). If need be, I can always cast on a hat...

3 comments:

  1. I have a couple of questions.
    1. How's Harold?
    2. Are you wearing the socks inside out afterall or are you giving them the right side out exposure.
    3. Will the blanket keep it's block after washing? I doubt the baby will care because it's quite striking as is but just have to ask. You appear to have done a great job on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, LOVE the blanket! Awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH NY GOSH!!!! Those are SO FANTASTIC!!!! Sorry about the caps lock but I'm loud and feel I must convey that through text right now. Seriously you are amazing, you must be coming down off a huge knitter high still.

    ReplyDelete