Tuesday, August 28, 2007

What I really need

Aside from sleep, and someone to explain to me how if I ignore my to-do list, it grows, and if I tackle my to-do list, it grows (because I wasn't all that good at science, but I'm pretty sure that contravenes a law of physics or something), what I really need is ... minions.

It would solve so many problems.

It came to me in a catalog. Minions would be even better than sherpas, don't you think? Catalogs provide solutions to so many problems, problems you didn't even know you had.

I think I'd only want a few:
  • housekeeper
  • cook
  • shopper (for things like groceries, not for fun stuff)
  • errand-runner
  • bookkeeper
Can you think of others?

(Oh, wait, there is one more thing. Sometimes we need a drop-down court photographer, for when the cats are being particularly cute on my lap. Think I can get one of those, too?)

2 comments:

  1. ::total wopjaw:: Ooohhhhh... I need minions too! And you bet I can think of more:

    --accountant (bills, taxes, budgeting)
    --doctor
    --dentist (both these cost too damned much, and Medicare doesn't cover the latter at all)
    --chauffeur - and car
    --secretary (to deal with business-type stuff and bureaucracies so I don't have to have panic attacks contacting them)
    --gigolo

    What?? [veg]

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh! Minions! I gotta get me some of those!
    --masseuse
    --garden weeder/waterer
    --pianist/accompanist so I don't have to fumble over reading the notes to play music as I am trying to read the notes to sing the music
    --reminderers for those who *should* remember my birthday, holidays, and just because I am wonderful and deserve a treat...

    They can have seasonal wardrobes that are color-coordinated...

    And they need to find away to pay for themselves because I sure as heck couldn't afford a single minion, let alone an entire staff of them.

    (sigh)

    ReplyDelete