Thursday, August 30, 2007

Not the only one

I thought that I was looking forward to the miracle that is Four Days Off, but judging by the Limpets* tonight, the boys are well and truly overdue for some advanced kitty maintenance. I've been reading this evening, and the cats have been on my lap, off my lap, my turn, I was here first, but Mo-om, up, down, over, under, around, and through. I am about worn out with them! Even now, I am computing with a cat draped over one arm, which is ... challenging, but we persevere. Right? By Tuesday morning, they should be fully recharged, and ready for me to go back to work.

*I'm starting to feel like the safe place in tag; they haven't been off me for more than about a minute all evening. Thank heavens for the central air conditioning; it was over 90 today, and without it, the fur and the sticky would be bad...

Some things that I plan to do before then:
  • sleep late every day, you betcha
  • clean up around here, or what my family calls "tide the house"*
  • go to the movies tomorrow night (Becoming Jane)
  • one doctor's appointment
  • post office
  • refill Pan's pills
  • grocery store
  • upload Nantucket photos to share with my family
  • blog Nantucket garden photos (I didn't forget!)
  • cookout on Monday (I'll be spectating at bocce, though)
  • make pesto; I picked more basil today
*When my parents were in China some years ago, they ran across a display in a park somewhere that was all about Snow White, only due to a translation confusion, she was Princess Whitesnow, who "tides the house" for the seven dwarfs. The expression caught on in my family, as you might imagine.

Yawn and Meow, to quote everyone here. Good night!

2 comments:

  1. LOL on the cats - obviously they don't approve of Mom taking off on all these flighty vacations. Or something. ;) Too bad about the running around, but hurray for the movie, cookout, pesto, and sleeping late! And love "tide the house." Family expressions are the greatest. Have a good one! Looking forward to more pix, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I see you have the MacGyver badge. So what nifty solution did you come up with? I used to love that show, and I wracked my brain trying to think of something I'd done so I could grab the badge, but I couldn't think of anything. I have to think harder...

    ReplyDelete