Monday, August 27, 2007

A Cat in Nantucket

My cousin in Nantucket has two cats. One was camera-shy, but the other ... well, she refused to let me and my camera deflect her from her chosen course, basically. Saturday morning, she slept in Her Spot:


Very comfortable, thank you.


Why, yes, I can stretch my paws out more.


I tuck the nose between the paws and ignore you.


I am not either about to fall. I scorn you.


Believe it or not. (She wasn't, either. She slept like that for a while, and I never saw her slip.)


Are all cats contortionists?


Up at last. Cat forms part of a domestic exterior.


Are you ignoring how cute I am? How can you?


I'm so cute! Lookit!

3 comments:

  1. LOL! Good grief, she must have really good levitational skills. Either that, or it's proper application of the chimney-climbing technique she's demonstrating in that last couch photo. ;) Any mountain climber would give a nod of approval.

    And she is a cute cat. [g]

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute little photo essay! Here's a "well done & thank you!"

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the photos... cats are funny creatures, aren't they.

    ReplyDelete