Saturday, May 19, 2007

See the link?

You may have noticed a link I added to the sidebar, recently and without fanfare, but if not, I wanted to introduce it. Not a friend this time, not a new-found blog, but interesting to those of us who can pore over site statistics or sports standings or such, and if you are one of these, you may find this entertaining. See where it says "Who links to me?"

When you click on that, it takes you to a site where you can enter the address of your blog (or someone else's, I suppose, if you want to be a voyeur) and find out all about who has linked to your blog, and when, and where. I learned just how much I should be thanking Jennifer and Monica; thanks, guys! It's an interesting way to spend a few minutes, if you find such things interesting.

Otherwise? It's a chilly, rainy Saturday, the cats are being cute but high-maintenance, I'm getting over a headache and am currently not in pain but feeling draggy and unmotivated to Get Anything Done, plus my stomach is unsettled. Nothing particularly wrong, just not an exciting day.

I did move the furniture thing I use to hold sheets and towels out of the office (where it never really belonged) and into the hall closet, where it makes much more sense for it to be, and it makes that much more room in the office as well. Which, since the office is going to be fulfilling its other purpose of guest room in a few weeks, is all for the best. It's not a large item, but tall, and having it out of the room makes a difference in my eyes, at least.

I'm also hampered by a sore foot this afternoon, which perplexes me as I can't think what I did to it. I wouldn't have been surprised to be slightly sore generally in the arms or legs this morning, since I picked up a couple of pallets after work last night (for my basement storage area, to put things on to protect from dampness), and they're not light, did you know, pallets? (Or perhaps it's that I'm not all that strong.) They're awkward, anyway, and by the time I got the third one out of the car and into the storage area, my arms were a little achy. But they're all right today; yet as the day has worn on, my right foot has become more and more sore, as though I had a pebble in my shoe. The Princess and the Pea! Weird. I hope the pain goes as mysteriously as it came (I should be so lucky).

To look on the bright side, it gives me an excuse to spend the evening with my feet up, doesn't it? I could knit, thus accomplishing something, too. I'm still working on the first sleeve of the sweater, so I'll try to get that done tonight. Hopefully if I rest my foot, it will be up for alarm clock shopping tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. I also found that cute little link thing a couple of days ago--fun. Hope your foot feels better! I have two cats on 4 different medications right now. Ugh. If they weren't so darn cute.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool on the link thing! The more hits, the merrier; you give good blog. ;)

    And weird synchronicity - I've had a couple of the same kind of pain-in-the-foot incidents in the last couple months. No apparent reason; suddenly a sore spot appeared, stayed around a while, just as suddenly went away. No outward sign of anything. It just felt like I'd stepped hard on something pointy that left an invisible injury. Strange...

    ReplyDelete