Friday, May 11, 2007

The best-laid plans

I had planned to head home tonight, relax after a busy week at work, perhaps blog about the weather or knitting, then spend a good chunk of time this weekend getting the old computer and office ready for the anticipated arrival of the new computer, and clean out the back of the car, too (since the box was being delivered at work), etc.

Except? I checked the tracking info online this morning, to see where the box was, and it said it was on the truck for delivery.

What's that? The box that was supposed to be delivered sometime next Monday to Wednesday? Well, that's unexpected! Good, but unexpected. I mean, I ordered the thing Tuesday night, and they said it would take a couple of days to be 'built' and 3-5 days for delivery, and instead here we are on Friday. It must have been a slow week at Dell.

Not that I'm complaining! It's 7:20, and I'm hooked up and typing away, and I have all weekend to play with it. Everything isn't set up, of course, and not one thing is transferred, but here we go, the start of a new era.

Now, the reason why I'll leave it at that for now has to do with this guy, as seen here this morning, resting from a strenuous night of bothering me:


He liked my original evening's plans much better, and has been dancing around meowing, so I'm going to go pay him some attention before coming back here to play some more (the photo uploaded in no time, love it!).

2 comments:

  1. Already? Hurray, and congratulations! You'll love it, and I hope you have many happy years together. [g] Go Dell! (The original Biteme is a Dell. And he's staying with me after I get him fixed, despite how much I adore my new baby.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yippee! Up and online in no time! You impress me!

    ReplyDelete