Monday, January 29, 2007

Whew

The party was fun, but overwhelming, too. Introvert! Introvert! To me, twenty people is like having a marching band parading around my home.

Umm. But in a good way. Really.

It actually went really well, it's just that it took it out of me. Whatever "it" is, I had none left. I plan to entertain again, but I think smaller groups is a good idea. I felt very split-personality, trying to deal with people coming-people going-showing people around-getting people drinks-is there enough food-how are the cats-is everything okay. But it all was okay, and everyone loved the condo, which was so nice to hear.

A couple of my friends brought flowers, which was lovely of them. And isn't it funny that the word flowers covers this:


and this:


The "vase" is mine, it was all I could find. I actually kind of like it. Rustic charm, right? Pickle jar. I love both the flower arrangements, just find it funny that they're the same thing, if you see what I mean.

Here is the calm before the storm, by the way. It's a good thing they'll never know the chaos was my idea.



Harold went under the bed as soon as the masses descended (about a dozen people arrived within 5 minutes of each other) and didn't come out until everyone was gone. Pan came out once or twice to assuage his mad curiosity, thereby allowing a few people to see that I really do have at least one cat, and once allowed himself to be called out from under the bed to sniff someone who wanted to meet him, but otherwise stayed Safe.

And here's the spread, before anyone arrived:

I didn't take any pictures During. It was a whirlwind. But a fun one!

Finally, if you are a knitter/crafty person (or if not, maybe you know one?), and have a little $ to shop right now, there's a good cause for it to go toward. Get thee to Laurie's post today to read about it (I refuse to rewrite a well-written post, for heaven's sake). Get yarn, do good.

1 comment:

  1. Heh - sounds like you need more like 4-5 people, tops. That's about all that I can handle. Not that I entertain, but you know, when I'm visiting. ;) The spread looks like it was really great, and it sounds like people had fun, so hurray - you had a success! Congrats.

    ReplyDelete