Tuesday, January 16, 2007

And we're back!

That's the royal 'we', meaning I'm back, and isn't it nice to be home, yes-indeedy. I had a really good trip, but I'm happy to be back in place and facing no new trips for a while.

Still, it was fun. I was visiting a friend from North Carolina days, with her pleasant husband and their lovely daughters: charming, intelligent, and beautiful, I wish I could post their pictures, but even if they were mine (the girls, I mean; the photos are mine), I would hesitate. You can innocently put a photo Out There and Anyone can do Anything with it. There was a deeply disturbing CSI on the subject, where it turned out that the woman was mentally ill, and although she claimed that these people had kidnapped her son, and her house was full of photos of him at different ages, and toys, and had Cheerios on the floor and everything, the boy really was theirs, not hers, and she had taken the photos off their family reunion website. Creepy. So, I'll post kitty photos, since I don't see how that can come back to bite me in the butt (can it?), and of my knitting and so on, but not this.

Just imagine a lovely 8-year-old and a lovely 5-year-old, and make them just what you imagine as lovely, and it can be a fun exercise for you. See how generous I am? And how I'm trying to sound less rampantly paranoid than I am? And how I'm trying to divert your attention from the fact that my life-lesson-example comes from CSI?

It was a nice weekend (I'm not paranoid: oh, look, a chicken!). The traveling part wasn't more annoying than it could have been, though sometimes it did those weird travel things I don't understand, like when a flight leaves late and arrives early. (How does that happen? I mean, I understand "gaining" a couple of minutes in the air, but half an hour?) And the delusions of the airlines, claiming a flight will be leaving on schedule when it is 7 minutes to departure time and the previous, arriving flight is still deplaning. I think we'll be leaving late, myself! (And I was right.) Still, could have been worse. The weather was mild, even pleasant, especially compared to today and ohjeez tomorrow. The girls and I wandered through woods and streams out back of the property (boy, did they get wet). We watched a bunch of movies (have you seen Howl's Moving Castle? It was wonderful!). And we talked and talked.

And now, back to our regularly scheduled reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment