Thursday, January 11, 2007

My head is full. And not in a good way.

This cold ... ahh, this cold. It hangs on, doesn't it? Congestion and lethargy.

The good news is, I have enough energy to work. This is good news for several reasons, one of which is that after last week, I'm into negative numbers on sick time.

The bad news is, working takes most of my energy. When I got back from my trip, I triaged the pile of mail into Important and Not. The Important pile only got dealt with last weekend (a week later), but the Not pile is still a pile, and it's getting bigger, not smaller. Things aren't getting cleaner, either.

And I'm going away this weekend, which seemed like a good idea when I made the plans, but exhausts me to think of now. I sure hope I regain some energy before then.

So, in the spirit of ignoring problems until they go away (shut up, it works!), here's the photo montage of Some of My 2006 Knitting, as Promised.

I swear this photo wasn't sideways when I uploaded it. Oh, well. Curse you, blogger, you win! A light blanket for those chilly Florida nights; merry Christmas, Daddy! (It was actually crocheted. Sshhh!)


And a soft pillow for Mum!


Wristwarmers for me, I'm wearing them at work and they really help.


A triangle shawl for my aunt. Boy, when you knit point-up, those last few rows are long, aren't they? :)


And I can never resist the call of the wild.
"She's got the camera out again."
"Ignore her. She'll go away eventually."

3 comments:

  1. Nice pix! I especially love the wristwarmers. And awwwww on the brothers, all curled up... Hope your cold finally starts giving up. I'm at the same stage. Hate the over the worst, still feel whacked part almost as much as the really horrid beginnings. May our mutual immune systems get their rears in gear and kick these suckers! (And ignoring stuff does work. I do it all the time. [g])

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the heads up on your wrist warmers - I'm glad they keep you warm! I made some similar shaped ones from Last Minute Knitted Gifts, but I can see that yours are much more form-fitting and would probably not hamper typing the way mine do. Perhaps I'll try again... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your wristwarmers. I keep trying to make mine look as sleek and feminine as yours, but they never do. What size yarn do you use and what size needles? Are you doing a rib? Which one? How many stitches do you cast on? Are you using the same number of stitches throughout? Are you doing a simple buttonhole binding off several stitches (how many?) on one round and then casting on the same number on the next round? Is this way too many questions? smile

    ReplyDelete