Saturday, November 05, 2011

Wegmans Report: Wonderful, Natch

But I'm worn out.

So I went to Wegmans and loved it! No surprise there. If it wasn't 45 miles away, I would shop there regularly, but I shudder to think how many grocery stores I passed on the way. I expect I'll go when I'm out in western MA for something else, and I might make the trip again, but basically I'm waiting for the Burlington store to open in 2 years.

I expected it to be crowded, but I didn't expect to drive around the lot for ten minutes before finding a place to park. I also didn't think about how the usual grocery store phenomenon of "the person in front of you stops walking and looks around" would be multiplied by ten because nobody knows where anything is yet. The cashier who rang me up said that it was actually much less crazy than previous weekends have been, and I can kind of believe because it only took ten minutes to check out (and he was friendly but not fast), but on the other hand wow, someone was watching over the timing of my visit because I'm not sure I could have handled more crowds. I lasted more than an hour, but by the end I just had to get out of there, no going back to find something I missed.

I didn't take any pictures there, though it's very photogenic, but I took a couple when I got home. First, in addition to my groceries, I bought a reusable Wegmans bag, because who can't use another, and it's pretty:



Particularly the loop for them to use on the disposable-bag holders most stores have.



I don't actually choose reusable bags to make it harder for the cashiers, and this may help.

Second, I know this is ridiculous, but I'm still pleased: I scored two cans (the last two cans!) of something I haven't been able to find on the shelves in months:



Corned beef hash is on the menu for tomorrow!

Now, I'm going to curl up and watch the Bruins game (hope it's worth it), and knit, and hopefully this guy will join me.


I bet he will.

1 comment:

  1. Wegman's is awesome, isn't it? They are the only ones who have the vegan queso dip I like (I guess the equivalent of your corned beef find). The closest ones to me are a good 40 minutes away, in towns I have no reason to visit. (So I stop at the one in Cherry Hill, NJ, when I go see the doctor. December!)

    Loving the orange bag. And we love the orange cat!

    ReplyDelete