Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Tuesday. Knitting, Hockey, Cat

I started the new sock Saturday night, and here it is already.

(I've made so many of this pattern that the designer has added me to her friends on Ravelry. Now that's something!)

I love how quickly this goes for me. I've even been working on other things, and still look at it. Or look at another thing I've worked on:


Can you guess what it is? I know, it's odd. I'll give you more. With the addition of some of this:

I put it on this:
And it looks more like this:

It's a cover for a kitchen cabinet knob. Not my kitchen, but a friend's; two of the doors in her new kitchen are too near each other, and the knobs bang together. She lit the Knit-Signal*, and here I come.
*Like the Bat-Signal, only different. Maybe like this:
I do love to be called on for a knitterly solution to a problem.

I'm in my little "office" writing this rather than in the living room watching the Bruins game because it's making me seasick. New Jersey scores! Boston! Boston! NJ! Boston! NJ! I can hear the game from here, but the distance helps. Though I may have to go back in there, as his furry lordship is indicating that it's laptime. The things I do for love.

As it should be.

I'll close with the Quote of the day, via Gail Carriger's blog:
"Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it."
~ Unknown
Love it! In fact, I often feel like I live in that chasm.

No comments:

Post a Comment