- That I could go to the grocery store and buy everything I wanted, without counting the cost.
- That I could sleep in this morning, and for the next three mornings.
- That when I woke up this morning, I was able to grab Miri, AND trim her way-long claws, without drama. She didn't like it at all, but there was no escaping, no blood, and no falling into trash cans.
- That I could sit on the couch this morning, Carlos sleeping on my lap, and knit while watching the Macy's parade (the coverage is seriously flawed [more below], but the parade itself is such fun).
- For Carlos. Period.
- For my traditional Thanksgiving morning breakfast, including the fried egg whites and pineapple juice which mean I made angel salad last night (angel salad takes egg yolks, and you drain the juice off the pineapple, leading to my own little breakfast tradition).
- That the Bruins won last night, their TENTH GAME IN A ROW. Sorry, I don't usually shout, but that warrants a little caps-lock. Ten In A Row. Nice.
- For a crazy chaotic friendly delicious Thanksgiving meal with friends. Fourteen at the dinner table is a crowd, but it was all good.
- For still being full, a few hours later.
- For heavy plans of an evening, involving the couch and (if I plan well) Carlos on my lap again.
This doesn't belong in the thankful list, but I was flipping between the two stations covering the Macy's parade, which were equally awful. It's good to have both so that when one goes to commercial, or shows a song I don't like, I have options. I want to see the parade, while they seem to think they're being a morning show about the parade. Let's go to celebrity chef John Doe in his kitchen for ideas on using up Thanksgiving leftovers! Let's not, I say; let's watch the parade. But I must be in the minority.
And I did get to see the Discover/NHL float, and Cam Neely on it! So that was exciting. But the bonehead announcer, who I know has to talk constantly for hours and is going to make mistakes but still, said that the game tomorrow is between the Detroit Red Wings and the Boston Brewers. Come on, can't you read off a monitor better than that? Some other errors:
- Changing "Madison Avenue's" into Madisons Avenue's
- Changing "Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy" into "Boogie Woogie Boogie Boy"
- Referring to the NYPD marching band as being "compromised of officers" instead of "comprised"
And that's just what I noticed and remembered. Sigh. Editors of the world, unite: you have nothing to lose but your fear that no one else cares about these things.
Do you need a palate-cleanser, too? Well, check this out. Cats, Mozart, synchronized ... something-ing. It's good.
Isn't that something?
Happy Thanksgiving. Or Thursday, anyway.