Sunday, November 27, 2011

The To-Do List, Panic Edition

I made my panic calendar today.

You probably have something similar, though you may call it something different. Or perhaps you prefer to pretend you don't know how close Christmas is?

Yup, sorry to burst your bubble, but it's four weeks from today. Which really means three weeks for me to Get Things Done, since my mother arrives on Tuesday, and we segue from Preparing to Doing. Whee! It's going to be crazy. You can understand why I call it the panic calendar.

So, now that I realize how much I have to do, you'll also understand if I don't go on at much length here today! Today alone has a nice (ha) long list. But let me share a few things with you.

I decided to cancel my subscription to Cook's Illustrated, a magazine I quite like but decided I don't love enough to keep getting. I went online, and was rather charmed by their response. Click to see it bigger:

Aren't they polite? I see they, too, were raised to say "yes, please" and "no, thank you".

Unlike this page, which has imperfect control of apostrophes. Funny that they got Friday wrong but the rest of the days right.


Finally, I was on the Shutterfly website, at the part with my account, which they call My Shutterfly. It brought to mind O Captain My Captain.


Now, with laundry started, it's time to clean up the kitchen (again, sigh), and move on to the rest of the list. I like crossing things off, but doing them isn't so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment