Saturday, September 12, 2026

Double Shot (of vaccines, or of advice)

As a big believer in science, and vaccines, and things like that, I am very happy to say that I got this year's flu shot and covid vaccine last night.

One arm, I think the covid side, is slightly sore; the other isn't at all. I wanted to get this done before traveling in October, and I specifically got it done on a weekend when I don't have anything else on the schedule, so I can laze around without guilt, but so far it's nothing too bothersome.

I know there are people with comorbid conditions who can't get some vaccines, but if you're not in that group, I would encourage you to get yours.

Oh, and while I have your attention, if you're American, vote in November. It's 'just' the midterms, but wow is that more important than ever this year.

1 comment:

  1. We do our vaccines around Halloween to make sure we're full up for the holidays and hope the booster works throughout the winter. But I'll also schedule on a Friday and hope for the best, although I've yet to have a COVID booster that hasn't given me a fever and knocked me out. Oh, well. It's better than COVID itself, right?

    ReplyDelete