Wednesday, May 08, 2024

Searching for Coherent Thought

Y'all, I don't know why I feel like life is so busy lately, but whoa. Work is so demanding, expecting me to, I don't know, work all the time, and while I did get a raise recently, which is nice, the report I am working on right now is of such poor quality that I despair of them. I mean, do I honestly have to tell them, these people whose jobs require them to write, that all sentences need a verb? Apparently I do.

Between that, and the never-ending to-do list, and my sore foot*, and my upcoming trip, my brain feels a bit fried. Let's see what lighter things I can wring out of it. Hang on , this will be random.
*Better, but still tender

I was very amused by this summary after the Boston Marathon last month, which is headlined "Today's fastest Bostonians and banana"! They are of course referring to the runner who "established a new Guinness record today for the fastest Marathon fruit" because of course. The post doesn't include a photo, but does link to a story about the previous record-holder, so you can see that one, at least.

If you've ever wondered what the street-sweeper does when he runs low on water, I can tell you now, he stops at a hydrant and hooks up to it. No need to go back to the yard for more!


Hockey joke time! Game coverage will often mention "getting past" a goalie in the sense of scoring on him, but in this case, it was more literal!
(They were both fine.)

The Bruins needed overtime of game 7 to win the first round against Toronto, but they did it, giant phew. They beat Florida in game 1 on Monday night, and play again tonight. Fingers crossed! It was fun to watch them play better, I hope they can do that again.

Trader Joe's with the snacks, coming through! Be aware, these snacky clusters may be habit-forming.

Quite the dramatic storm shelf the other day! It was a relief to get through and past it, as home is under that blue sky on the horizon.

If you're not familiar with the comic strip Pearls Before Swine by Stephan Pastis, you should be. He has a way of hitting the nail on the head. I really felt this one:

Another beautiful day.
Well, that was the other day, but you know what I mean. I do get spoiled by the weather in Florida; I don't love the humidity, but being warm is my thing.

I am reminding myself that even late May in New England may not be the same. As I said to my mother, I probably won't even want to bring sleeveless shirts! Terrible. Good thing I'm excited for everyone I'm visiting, anyway.

11 comments:

  1. Layers make the difference in cooler climes. :) No verbs? (yikes) I will stay away from those Snacky Clusters because they would be habit forming for me also, like many other TJ's snacks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, bringing layers is the way to go. And yes, beware the addiction of the snacks!

      Delete
  2. I read that Pastis comic and thought, "How true and how very sad!"

    (I did, however, sprain my wrist as a kid trying to open a multipack of Cracker Jacks!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Somehow that hockey picture has antennae, black, white, stripes, and reminded me of the bumblebee I watched a few minutes ago trying to find its way through the window. Don't worry bee hockey!

    I have been avoiding trying out those Snacky Clusters. I bought their Dark Chocolate Bark with almonds and pretzel bits and sea salt and (goes over for seconds) it is already addictive enough that I don't dare try those Clusters, too. (But I might now.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh. I get so mad when people ask me to do my job. Kind of kidding but kind of not and I get the feeling you know what I mean! I hope you find coherent thought soon. I am also searching for it.

    That comic is freaking SPOT ON. Gah. I turn my head wrong on the pillow and have neck pain for days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Kind of kidding but kind of not"---that's me! Like, it's totally reasonable for them to expect me to work during my working hours, but also ugh do I have to?

      Frail human bodies, so tiresome that way.

      Delete
  5. One time I turned my head to look out a side mirror of my car and I couldn't move my neck for a week. True story. Getting old is not for the weak!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It isn't! How am I expected to get anything done as my body crumbles around me?

      Delete
  6. Ugh, I was out of commission two weeks ago for a full five days because I slept wrong and woke up with a sore neck. Getting old is hard.

    Those TJ snack clusters look amazing. I need to get myself over to TJ's soon!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aging is not for sissies! These fragile human bodies, I tell you.

      Delete