Wednesday, November 01, 2023

You See What You Look For

It sounds a little braggy to be quoting myself as some sort of life lesson, but I was commenting on a blog post and part of what I wrote was:

I will try very hard to focus on what is, instead of what isn’t, this year.

And if that isn't just the capsule of my life now, right? The last few months have been, well, if you've been reading here you have an idea. It's been A Lot. And I am someone who often has trouble letting go of what I wished I had done, so turning my focus away from that is good and necessary. 

Get done what I can. 

Enjoy what I have. 

Nothing profound, but sometimes hard to do. I'm going to try.

I'm sure Maggie will help.



9 comments:

  1. I agree with this so much. What we focus on is what we see more of, so if you focus on what is, that's much healthier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, and yet it's hard not to fall into the old patterns.

      Delete
  2. I think changing our mindset, how we think, is the hardest thing. I have tried, relentlessly, for years, to become a more positive thinker, but it's so hard. Do your best to roll with the punches and forgive yourself when you fail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, to forgive and to keep trying is the key.

      Delete
  3. Actually, I needed to read this today. I think it's a good focus for the year ahead and anytime at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like Nance, I needed that today. Very thought provoking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it. We all have the power to choose our focus, and that shapes our lives.
    Oh, hahahaha... I was just thinking "I wrote about something like this on Wednesday, what a coincidence" when I realized the post you linked to was mine. Great minds!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is profound my friend! JDJ

    ReplyDelete