Thursday, March 10, 2022

A Little Sarasota

Time to show some pictures I took on my little trip to Sarasota! As always, it's a random assortment (leaving the Ringling Museum for another day--lots of photos of that), because that's how I roll. Photographically speaking.

For instance, my room at the Westin. Quite large! It was a handicap-accessible room, so that may have had something to do with it.

Sitting area:

Sleeping area:
Huge bathroom:
Nice view through an unfortunately dirty window (not that they could help that):
The closet, which had only a low bar to hang clothes.
Shirts? Fine? Slacks or dresses? SOL.

I made my own way.

Whatever works.

View of sunset from the rooftop bar/pool area:
Art in the dining room:
Statue in St. Armand's Circle; I assume the glasses were not in the original plan, but he carries them off well.
I didn't get a picture, but we had lunch at the Columbia there and it was excellent! Highly recommend.

A large hot coffee for a chilly morning on the roof deck, knitting and looking at the view of the marina. 
I had been hoping for sun, but it was still rather pleasant. And better than the arctic air conditioning in the lobby!

I made quite a bit of progress on the shawl. It did turn out to be excellent social knitting. More details later.
Noticed this sign on a wall by the elevators. The fire alarm sounds ... like a sound ... okay then.
We had lunch at Der Dutchman another day, and of course shared tastes of the different pies. Yummy! 
We listened to a very interesting speaker; I learned a lot about Amish and Mennonite history and the differences between them.

Checking out of the hotel, I saw they had these gift bags set up for a group that would be checking in ... fascinating! Fans of the band? Electricians convention? Who knows!
That's probably enough for one day, anyway! Stay tuned for part two.

3 comments:

  1. That's the band's logo, so I imagine someone's rocking out around there.

    LOVE that shawl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That trip looks like it was fun! And is that a different shawl than the one you linked to recently? What's the pattern? It looks like a bunch of short rows, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennifer Jordan10:11 PM, May 07, 2022

    Trip looks like it was a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete