Monday, March 15, 2021

Reasons Today Sucked

Surprisingly, not the time change! Some bigger things and some smaller things.

  • I woke up at 2 this morning, went to the bathroom, all very usual. Never fell back asleep. So that's half a night's sleep to function on today. Using 'function' loosely.
  • After I was up (though not at all alert), Maggie threw up, so I had to clean that up. And then deal with her wanting to be fed, pesty-pesty, starving-cat routine, until I felt like it was safe again.
  • When I sat down to start work, I opened the Word doc of the report I worked on all last week, and on the pop-up box that allows me to jump to the section where I last closed it, it said, "Someone made changes since you last opened this document." Well, someone better not have! No one should be able to open a document on my computer but me. Especially when the computer is turned off.
  • My personal computer didn't want to start up at all. It did eventually, but it took long enough that I was facing the idea that it died overnight.
  • Then I noticed that the clock on my work computer hadn't changed time. I looked, and it still said it's doing daylight saving time, but apparently they don't have it set up to the server in such a way that it will update. (It's funny, I'm pretty sure I would remember if it had been an hour off from a year ago to November, yet here we are.) Fortunately, it allowed me to change my preferred time zone. Turns out I'm in Santiago, who knew? Perhaps things are looking up.
  • Then my period started. So that would be a no.

 In the category of 'trying to find a bright side, really stretching,' the Bruins played so terribly on Saturday that unless they do a complete flip, tonight's game will not tempt me to stay up. Yay?

1 comment:

  1. sI'm trying to remember if winter is daylight savings time or this is. I remember thinking it's backwards.

    ReplyDelete