Sunday, October 27, 2019

Feeling Crappy

Posting about a big trip like this always feels daunting, when one is tired and trying to get back into regular daily life and all. And this year, what with getting my period just as I got home*, and then having this cough-throat thing**, I have to say that I'm extra daunted. I want to write about it! But feeling like I'm wearing a lead apron slows me down.
*Which is far better than having gotten it at any other time during the trip! But not getting it at all would have been best by far.
**I thought it was a cold, but apparently a lot of people down here are having respiratory effects from red tide in the air, so it may just be that.

I have managed to kind-of/sort-of unpack, in that not everything is put away, but at least it's out of suitcases, nothing is so in the way as to be tripped over, and the suitcases are back in the garage.

I have had lots of laps and cuddles with Miss Maggie, though she would probably say, not enough.
And she even let me stay in bed until 8 both today and Saturday! Quite a concession from the cat who knows full well that most days, my alarm goes off at 6:30, so why aren't you up yet?

I have photographed the Rhinebeck haul for posterity, and looking at it gives me such joy. Shall we take a look?
Project bag from Stitched by JessaLu, the perfect size for my current shawl project; lovely cashmere/silk laceweight via Jo of Celtic Memory Yarn; the Rhinebeck tote bag; another good project bag with the label "petit Juillet" that I can't find online info about; new book by Clara Parkes, autographed.
A skein of luscious merino sock yarn from Dancing Leaf Farm; MCN from yarnhygge.com; green (!) from Long Ridge Farm (they only had a few skeins, and lots of other products, in their booth); and the autumn rainbow from Dirty Water Dyeworks, which no, I don't have a plan for, but the colors just fell together too well to pass up. I'll come up with something. Also the two pins resting in the green yarn: "This is my Rhinebeck sweater" and "Thanks, I made it."
And yes, sheepskin slippers. Yes, I know I live in Florida. But if I'm going to visit the north in October again, my freezing feet need them. I'll wear them down here, too, even if I don't need them the same way here.
Handmade by someone who has clearly been doing this a long time and knows exactly how it should be done. (He's retiring, in fact, but there's a new owner taking over.) I found his website very amusing; if you have a few minutes, take a look. For instance, the chart detailing exactly how they are unprofessional is hilarious.

Well, I'm not "all caught up," but it's a start. Please join me in hoping that the red tide blows out to sea and takes this fog of lassitude away with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment