Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Conversation with Maggie

[from out in the hall] 'Mrr-row-row!'
[from the office] "I'm in here, sweetheart."
[she comes in] 'Mrrow!'
"Yes, I am aware that I'm not out there with you."
'Meow!'
"I know, I'd like to be, too, but this is what pays for the cat food."
'Meow.'
"I don't like it either, but there we are."

Silence. I encourage her to jump up on the cat tree next to me, and she does. The End.

Of course, that was Not The End. A brief rest, then another hour of dancing around and in and out, wanting food and play and who knows what. Then some scootching around the perch, trying to get me to play the delightful game of "let me capture and bite your hand" (which I always decline to play, but she keeps trying). Then some napping. Then down again, around again, eat again.

When I got home from swimming, she was napping under a blanket on the couch, and didn't come out for a few hours. She has been sent hiding from the thunder on and off since then. Summer in Florida is hard on a cat who gets scared by thunder.

Meanwhile, here's a funny pose from the morning:
I've never seen her do that with her back legs before!

1 comment:

  1. I can relate to this, as a non-pet owner though. I am constantly interrupted when I sit at the computer. Can you drive me here? Can I have a friend over? Maggie even looks like what my teens look like when they hog, I mean enjoy the couch. Over the weekend the 5 oldest caddied and Curly had a 6 hour dance workshop both Sat and Sunday (6 hours each day!). It was SO quiet. Took some getting used to.

    ReplyDelete