Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Gummed Up

I like a certain kind of chewing gum.
In the past, I have bought containers that hold more pieces, but with the humidity down here, they went soft before I finished them, so I switched to these 12-individual-piece packages. I've been picking them up at drugstores, but recently thought to look on Amazon to see if I could just get them sent to me. Lo and behold:
The key part of the description:
So I was expecting, you know, six of the 12-packs. Not unreasonable for $7.14.

Imagine my surprise when this is what came instead.
That's ... a lot of gum. Quite a deal, of course. But I suspect someone made a mistake somewhere along the line.

3 comments:

  1. Ha! Well, you won't run out for a long, long time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, 12x as much gum as you were intending to buy? Approximately? (When I was a teenager, I once slowly bought a six-month supply of a specific favored type of bubble gum for a friend, one almost-denuded grocery store display at a time. That was *also* a lot of gum.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. To paraphrase my late FIL, who worked as a lawyer for the Feds and loved to say this ironically, Good enough for gum-mint work.

    ReplyDelete