Tuesday, January 30, 2018

About Those Books

Sorry, I wasn't trying to be coy about what books I bought, when I mentioned ordering some yesterday!

The main thing I did was fill in my collection of Girl Genius books. Thanks to the blog, I can date my interest in this online comic to around 2008 (wow, ten years!). The creators have run Kickstarter campaigns to periodically print the books, so I have bought those starting with volume 12, and had gotten 1 to 5 as well; they got up to 16 with last year's campaign, and if you look at my post there, you can see where I checked off the volumes I own (and in that post I also explain a bit of why I want the books, incidentally). Well, now those gaps are filled in! Or will be, once the books are delivered.

The other book I got is the new one from Patricia Briggs, which comes out in March. I've also been reading her for years, and enjoy both the Mercy Thompson series and the Alpha and Omega series. The new one is the latter, and will be here in five weeks!

I did buy a few other things, too, while I was placing the order. I had some shopping bags in the cart already, and decided to splurge on some snacks. But the books are always the best part.

No comments:

Post a Comment