Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Of Books and Audiobooks

I am delighted that goosefairy wants the copy of Vanity Fair I offered up; putting the right book in the hands of the right person is so satisfying. Normally, my book-matchmaking is more like when I tell a friend with compatible tastes that I've read something they're going to love (like Nevermoor, which I immediately told a certain friend about, as well as generally recommending it), but this is good, too. I do love old books, and couldn't bear the thought of throwing this lovely copy to the winds of fate, simply because I don't want to read it again.

Next: Just in case any of you know someone* who has any pull at Audible, I'm spreading the word that I really want them to make book five of the Raksura series by Martha Wells, Harbors of the Sun, available along with the first four books of the series.
*Or know someone who knows someone ... and so on

I have been greatly enjoying listening to them--it makes me slow down, unlike when I race through the print version because I Have To Know What Happens, and I catch much more detail--but when I got book four, I realized that book five isn't there, oh noes, and according to the author (who responded to my plaint on Twitter), "As far as I know, there's no plans yet to do an audiobook for 5. Absolutely nothing I can do about it." (I was delighted that she replied to me, and I do understand it isn't up to her, but still, sad news.)

It's probably quite the long shot, if not Powerball odds, but I decided an all-channels* message couldn't hurt. Put it out to the universe, see if anything comes of it.
*Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, blog, and email to Audible. What else?


No comments:

Post a Comment