Wednesday, August 09, 2017

Sun Salute

It's a beautiful day today, and I am proud to say that, even though I don't think this weather is supposed to last, I resisted the idea of looking at the forecast. Why be bothered by it now? Just enjoy what you have while it's here.

So after work, I took knitting and sat outside, basking in the sun for half an hour, peaceful and happy. I have often thought that someone might ask me what I'm doing out there--a camp chair next to the car is what passes for a yard for me--and usually when I'm asked that, it has to do with the knitting. But today I was pondering other answers to that.

  • I'm basking.
  • I'm thinking random thoughts.
  • I'm enjoying the weather.
  • I'm living in the moment.
  • I'm embracing the now.

So many answers that, if someone asks me that question, I may have to reply by asking them, "Can you be more specific?"

No comments:

Post a Comment