Sunday, October 23, 2016

Shawl Status: Allllllmost There

It's been a pretty quiet weekend--NOT a complaint--though I could have done without the on-and-off headache for most of it--that IS a complaint. It could be related to allergies, as I've had periodic explosive sneezes and some sinus pressure, or maybe it's the weather that's been blowing through, but in any event, ow. Still, it never got awful, and as always I hold out hope that it's going away now.

Meanwhile, I got a lot of knitting done. As the yarn dwindled today, I was smart enough to put in a lifeline at a possible end point, and when I got a few rows farther on, I had to face the fact that I didn't have enough yarn for the rest of the repeat. In this pattern, you should stop after row 8 or row 16. I put in the lifeline at row 8, and at row 13 faced reality.
And what reality said was: nope. Maybe, maybe you have enough to get through 16 (though probably not), but then you have to bind off, remember that? Which also takes yarn. So I will rip back to the lifeline, put it back on the needle, and bind off. It's still a decent size, and may well grow some when blocked. It should be good.

Just have to decide which bind-off to use...

No comments:

Post a Comment