Friday, October 21, 2016

Looking Into the Weekend

Last night, I was feeling pretty pleased about how it was almost Friday, and that the week really didn't drag too much, but today got even with me by being 18 years long, or so it felt. Just so ready for it to be over!

However, my Friday night and weekend are looking all low-key and laid-back, just the way I want it after the last few weeks, and yes, I was eager to get there. but just like the times when I'm working and think of all the things I could be getting done around the house, but then do very little of it when I could, I expect this weekend to dash by without my getting as much done as I would like. I will try to be sanguine about that.

Mostly I think that will work. If I don't get the car inspected, I have time before the end of the month. If Carlos' claws don't get trimmed, he won't mind waiting. I haven't seen the top of the kitchen table for this long, a little longer isn't the end of the world. Reading and knitting and watching hockey or a movie, these are all restorative things, and that's important too.

Now, for a little lightness. Such as a political ad that's actually funny. Really.



Photos of kittens with their tongues sticking out. My favorite is this one (what's yours?).

IMG_8325

And finally, a timely reminder these days:
We'll be okay.

1 comment: