Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Reporting on a Massage

As I mentioned last week, I was thinking of trying a massage, and I did end up going for one yesterday. And my feelings about it? Kind of meh. Didn't love it, didn't hate it, didn't feel noticeably better or worse after it, or later*, or this morning ... so I'm not sorry I tried it, but I doubt I will do it again.
*Fortunately, it didn't seem to make exercising last night any harder, which I had wondered about. Nor any easier!

I guess you could say it was an interesting experience. I had to fill out a form ahead of time, and she looked it over and asked me some questions about health things, and about why I was there. I told her about my recently increased stress, and about how the tennis-ball of tension I had in my upper back last week had prompted the visit. She went over how it would work, was clear about what to expect, and told me I could speak up any time if I didn't like something.

While it wasn't quite the experience Gramp in the Sheldon cartoon had getting a massage, I did wish she didn't have a candle going, as the scent, while not unpleasant, was a little much in a small room. And when she dimmed the light and turned on what Tom Bodett called twinkle ding-dong music, I wanted to giggle. Also, if I did decide to do it again, I would want to remember either to do it on a day when I don't have to look good after, or to tell her not to use lotion, as some of it did get into my hair. Fortunately I had no problem with that happening, yesterday.

I don't know, maybe I'm just not the target audience for it. Or maybe I would have to go for a long period to see gradual effects. But that isn't something I feel like making time for, so, there I am. Or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment