Thursday, August 25, 2016

So shines...

I had a haircut after work today, and when I left, I realized I was down the street from a bank branch, and needed the ATM. So I pulled in, parked, and walked over to the door. An older man was walking to his car as I went in, where I found the machine asking, Do you want another transaction? Wait, I didn't put my card in yet ... oh, wait, I bet that's his card in there! (I think in Europe, you swipe the card and it doesn't stay in the whole time. Why aren't ours like that?)

I hit No and sure enough, his card popped out. I took it and went back outside, waving him down, and gave it back to him. Good deed accomplished!

2 comments:

  1. I like the ATMs here that won't give you your money until you take your card out.

    (Also, he was lucky that you were the next person in there, and not someone who would have swiped his money!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the ATMs around here (Easthampton/Northampton) won't even let you put your PIN in until you've removed your card. I second Mary Ellen's statement that he was really lucky you were next in line.

    ReplyDelete