Friday, August 19, 2016

A Tale of Two Kitties

Hey, it's the weekend! High six!
But that's not the cat you were looking for today, is it? Here we go.

Little Miss Coco. Cocoa? I don't know how they're spelling it, and they mostly call her the little one anyway.
The photos don't give an accurate idea of how absolutely tiny she is.
She was two pounds when they got her, and now she's three. Basically, it's all fluff.
Lovely blue eyes.
And here is big sister, aka Kitty, the one they got last Christmas.
She was napping on the chair most of the time I was there.
Or if not napping, resting.
Seriously cute.
Right?
Meanwhile, Little Miss took a break under the couch. I don't understand how her skull fit in that tiny space.
When she came out, I tried to get her to play, and found that the camera strap was a toy she could not resist.
She also attacked a paper towel roll with gusto.
 It kept getting away from her.
"Why, yes, I am adorable. Thank you for noticing."
"Don't hate me because I'm beautiful." (Remember that commercial?)
I don't think she was actually anxious here--but I can't help reading into her expression.
I squatted down to get closer to her level, and she immediately came over and curled up between my feet. Oh...kay?
I mean, I would have thought that being under the scary-big person (which, to her, I have to be) would be scarier than being across the room, but apparently that's not how she rolls.
My friend took my camera when kitty put her chin on my foot, but of course kitty moved to see what she was doing. Still cute.
I think I could have stayed there for a long time, and she would have been fine with that.
She came into the dining room with us, though, and napped there instead.
Big kitty was still on her chair. Fortunately there were more chairs than people, so she didn't have to move.
Honestly, how cute?
 They weren't really interacting when I was there, but clearly not fighting either.
 Another size comparison.
She goes a little too well with the couch, right?
I have to look at this one twice before I can tell what's kitty and what's pillow.

And thus endeth the tale of the first visit to the kitties.

1 comment: