Friday, January 29, 2016

Where I'm At

I went to bed early last night, for a couple of reasons.

First, I had been up unusually early, after a bad dream--this has been a bad week for dreaming for me, has anyone else noticed that?--it started as a work dream that seemed to be in a new place, I was learning my way around and meeting people (three of who had the name of my recent boss, hmmm); anyway, it suddenly became clear that I was actually at my last job, and the layoff was coming, and after I woke up from it I couldn't get back to sleep for thinking sad layoff thoughts, so I just got up. I could have used that sleep, though (as I always can).

Then I had a slight headache last night, not too bad but annoying. I still went swimming (pats self on back), but that made me sore and achy too, and I even managed to scrape my heel on a step, which was painful, and I just thought, fuck it, and was in bed shortly after 8. I think I would have done so even if there had been a hockey game, but we're coming up on the all-star weekend, so there was nothing to make me think twice.

My head has been okay today, which will hopefully continue through my dinner plans with a friend, not to mention various and sundry weekend plans. The good news is that there are no big storms due in over the next week. (I'm trying not to worry beyond that.) No shoveling, and more melting: even with the frequent gloom and grey, I call that a win.

In other news, I finished knitting the scarf! I all but finished it Wednesday night, but I then looked at the pattern and realized I was supposed to do the last few rows plain knit, not in pattern, so I tinked them back and redid them, then bound off. I had about a yard of yarn left, and it's so light it didn't register on the scale! Not even a gram. I'm pleased with the process, and with the product. I'm wearing it now; it just wraps around my neck twice, and I stuck a shawl pin in to hold it in place (not my best skill, but it's holding for now), and I may never take it off.

Though I do want to block it, just to even it out a bit. Perhaps I will do that this weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Yay!! Always nice to get something off the needles-- especially when it makes you happy! I have a couple of items that I *should* block but in the meantime they are wearable... *sigh*
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo I'm looking forward to the pictures. That scarf sounds lovely. Sorry for your less than stellar day.

    ReplyDelete