Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Little Trees Revealed

I remembered today that, since I have given all the Christmas presents I made, it's now safe to blog about them! I didn't make anything big (even including the Santa hat for the tarantula), but I made a few little trees.
The pattern is Pint Sized Pines, and it's a great way to use up scraps of sock yarn. Obviously, it doesn't take much! And while I mostly went with traditional green, you could use any color you like, to fit any decoration plan.

One exception to green I made was for my brother, who got a dark grey one.
And MaryEllen got Bruins colors, of course.
They're quick to knit, if slightly fiddly just because of their size, and if you don't have corks (I had to ask my mother for some) and there are trees in your neighborhood, a branch of similar size will work fine (viz the one on the far left in the first picture, above).

Some of the ones I saw on Ravelry had some kind of star added at the top, which was cute, but I only adorned one, as I had a Hawaii button that was perfect for my aunt's.
The little forest.
They were fun; I highly recommend this pattern.

1 comment:

  1. My tree is next to the TV, trying its best to give the Bruins luck.

    ReplyDelete