Monday, July 13, 2015

Considering the Weekend

When one is not working, the meaning of the weekend shifts considerably.

To me as a worker, Friday night is a big sigh of relief, and Saturday and Sunday are the days when I try to Do All The Things.

Unemployed, Friday night is like any other night, and if anything, Saturday and Sunday are days when I am less likely to try to Do Things. I mean, stores and roads are less crowded during the week, so why would I go on the weekend?

Which doesn't mean I did nothing this weekend, but I didn't do much. It was fine. And now it's the week again, which also doesn't mean what it used to. It's a little disorienting.

1 comment:

  1. I get a little like that in the summer, being off from school. Just catching up with the whole not working thing--I'm so sorry to hear about that and the way it happened! People should be beating down your door to give you a job. But I will pray the right thing comes along.

    ReplyDelete