Friday, July 24, 2015

Closer .... Closer

So, no, no written offer yet.

But! Confirmation via email that things are happening, and I should get it next week.

And! It "wouldn't likely start until the end of August"; is that okay? Um, more time off, with less worry? Yes, I believe that would be okay. Thank you.

Mind you, it isn't no worry. I'll worry that it will fall through, which would leave me up that proverbial creek. However, I respect the person I'm talking to, so I think the worry will be minimal.

I guess at this point, I am sure enough that talking about it won't jinx it that I will spill some more details: this position is for the company I worked at prior to the one that just shut us down. And if you've been reading for a while, yeah, I had some issues with the editorial manager (I mean, not that we fought or anything; I'm fairly sure she doesn't know how I felt about her), and yes, she's still there (for now, anyway). However, after due consideration, and conversations with the man who is now in charge of the division, I am pretty confident things will work out. If nothing else, she will be much more tolerable to me when I am working from home, and I can roll my eyes at her emails! And I know the work, I know I can do it, they know I can do it, all that good stuff. It's also flattering that they want me back; this is why we don't burn bridges, right? And there's all that I said about working from home, too.

So, if it all works out, if I do get the letter, and it rolls on from there, and I don't have to start for a month? That's kind of awesome. I have done very little around the house with all this time: I've either been out, seeing friends and so on, or I've been mooning about the place, accomplishing little. My kitchen table is messier than it was when I was working, and it was a regular problem then! Perhaps with the worry dialed down, I will be able to focus better and get something done. Anything. There's plenty to choose from.

Setting up some sort of home office/workspace, for instance...

No comments:

Post a Comment