Wednesday, May 06, 2015

Where There's Smoke, There's Coughing

According to nearby Facebook friends, brush fires are the reason why the whole area smells like an enormous wood stove. It's normally a smell I like, but it's strong enough, and has been going on long enough, that it's making my head hurt, and catching at the back of my throat. Ugh.

In other news, today's weather was an improvement on yesterday, though as I still didn't eat outside, I didn't get to enjoy it until after work. And since I was working on something difficult this afternoon, and longing to be outside*, well, the combination wasn't good for my mood. (When you find yourself wishing three times over the course of the afternoon that you could tell people to just shut up, you have to realize that the problem may not be them.)
*It isn't entirely rational to want people to stop telling me it's nice out, but when I'm at work and can't go outside, or rather, since I could go outside for five minutes, but I can't BE outside, I wish they wouldn't. 

ANYway. Tomorrow and Friday are supposed to be nice weather too (and the weekend, but I have to get there first), and I will bring lunch to eat outside, and that will help.

Randomly, I enjoyed this from the weekend, via Stanley Cup of Chowder:

I love a sense of humor. Or perspective. Or whatever that is.

1 comment:

  1. i ate lunch outside today. it was glorious and life-affirming. (i wish i were being hyperbolic, but after this winter... i am not.)

    ReplyDelete