Tuesday, May 05, 2015

Less Weather, More TV

Today's weather was quite a letdown after the majesty that was yesterday.

I had the same lunch today as yesterday (nothing special, ham sandwich and sour cream and onion potato chips), but eating it inside wasn't the same. Somehow, when subtracting 10 degrees and sunshine, eating outside wasn't desirable, though. Wah. It wasn't cold, even at 5 o'clock, and the sun was trying, but, eh. It's supposed to warm up again in the coming days, I hope it does. (I just checked the 10-day forecast, and MAN, I hope they are wrong about the end of that period. Let's not talk about it.)

Meanwhile, the new TV arrived today! Super-fast shipping, faster than I expected actually. I was going to work from home the day it was delivered, both in case it needed a signature and so it wouldn't sit outside the door, but oops, here it is. It turns out that to avoid the "hey, look, who wants a new TV" image, they put the box inside a plain box.

Which was not quite as big as my fridge.
I hope the inner box is cushioning the actual TV, since it rattled a bit when I brought it in. See inside?
They put some packing peanuts in ... oh, can't you see them? Let me turn the flash on.
Down there. So, as I say, hopefully the TV itself is cushioned. I'm not opening it tonight to find out, that's for sure. The new DVD player is on the way, too, but not expected for another week, so ... let it sit for now. I have enough other things to do!

2 comments:

  1. Just to be on the safe side you may want to send the company a note that your TV may have sustained some damage due to poor packaging and that you will advise them next week after installation. I'd attach a copy of that wonderful photo too.

    Sometimes the small print says that you need to notify them of damage upon receipt for the claim to be valid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good idea.

    Also, I'm doing the opposite: hoping they're wrong about the forecast for the end of this week and the weekend. It's too soon for 90s! I wasn't planning to have the a/c on so soon. (But we'll have to, for the guinea pigs at least, especially now that Jasper's such a frail little elderly piggy.)

    ReplyDelete