Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Say It With Me

A while back, in August, I turned off the word verification on this blog, and I immediately started getting spam comments, lots and lots of them. Blogger's spam filter caught them, but even so, I get comments emailed to me, so I would be getting these emails all day long.

From August, through September, and into October, spam. Most of them, amusingly, on the Amusement in Spam post I wrote in 2012 (as like attracts like, apparently spam attracts spam).

On October 21st, I received 46 spam comments, in fact, and then they stopped, boom, just like that.

And today, they started again, and I've received five so far. Weird, right?

I never read them all, not at that volume, but sometimes I would notice a particularly fun one, like the ones that, themselves riddled with errors, called me out for mythical mistakes of my own. Or the ones that were all oddly flowery, like this: "Tired of all the people running around with mishmash emblems of skulls and fire and wings."

Anyway, the topic makes me want to put up this:



Be sure to watch the credits.

No comments:

Post a Comment