Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Lesson of the Day

It's possible to sympathize with someone who is driving you nuts.

I know, profound, right? My boss got a cold while I was away, so she is sniffling and coughing big-time. For goodness sake, no one knows better than I these days how annoying a cough can be (why yes, I am still coughing, in April, from the bug I got over Christmas), but her coughing illustrates part of the problem I have with my own coughing: not only is it driving me crazy, but I know it's bothering other people, and I hate that. I feel for her, but I also feel for me, and everyone else who has to listen to her. Sigh.

Alternate lesson: I'm not the only one desperate for spring, of course, and even I wore a lighter jacket today because my coat was too much at times yesterday, but I want to say, if it's 45 degrees out, that doesn't make it short-sleeve weather.

Carlos is meowing. Off I go.

2 comments:

  1. A patron scolded me for walking to work without a jacket on yesterday. I told him that it wasn't snowing and the sun was shining, and that was good enough for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are a couple of benches in the back of our apartment. After our little walk yesterday we sat outside in the sun feeling the warmth on our faces. It got so warm I took off my "lightweight" winter coat. Yeah spring!!!

    Is it time to talk to the doctor again about the cough? Maybe schedule an endoscopy? Since I have Barrett's Esophagus and need one regularly I save a co-pay and trip to the hospital by having mine done in conjunction with my "other end". Too bad you're not old enough to take advantage of the 2 in 1 special like I do...

    ReplyDelete