Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Cautious Optimism; at the least, relief

It's over! And I think it went well? Who knows. Interviews, right? As always, who knows how it really went, but thinking that it went well is better than being sure it didn't! And it's done, which is good enough for now. Survived, and no red flags. Beyond that? The recruiter said she expected to be in touch in a week or two. We'll see!

I drove from their office to the nearby post office, and sat in my car to dash off quick thank-you notes, because why not? I'm grateful to get an interview, even if nothing else comes of it. Job searching while you have a job is awkward at best, but at least the desperation level is far, far lower than during unemployment. On work's more irritating days, I have to remember that.

And then I came home to discover the no-reason-except-it's-perfect-for-you present sent by my brother:
Which is now in the laundry, so I can wear it on Saturday. I just vacuumed, and now there are dishes to wash. Don't be jealous of my glamorous life. Or can yours top mine?

2 comments:

  1. Fingers are crossed! And that's a great shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one great shirt! I'm glad you had a good interview.

    My glamourous (intentionally spelled with the "u" just to aggravate the spell check) life included the discovery that flu shots are not forever. I got one in October and if this isn't the flu then it's some sort of deadly dastardly disease.

    ReplyDelete