Sunday, December 22, 2013

Hit the Hay, Hit the Road

When I mentioned Saturday night on Facebook that I was knitting and not packing, I think some of my friends may have thought I was setting myself up for trouble. However, I am all packed now, and ready to get to bed early, in order to rise early. It's been a busy weekend, but overall it went well. Laundry, dishes, errands, Christmas party, packing, cat maintenance, all the usual and more.

And yes, the project I cast on Saturday night (while watching the Bruins win, thank heavens, since losing two in a row to Buffalo would have been mortifying) was in fact the shawl I showed at the end of my post Friday night. I could not resist its siren call!

I knew I had some pink laceweight in sufficient quantity already in the stash, but when I went looking for it, I found I also had some yellow, which I liked more. It's actually two different brands; you can tell, right?
Right, me neither. See? Two skeins of Misti Alpaca lace, two of Cascade Alpaca lace
I used the Disappearing Loop cast on via this tutorial, which turned out to be simple enough though it still took me a couple of tries to get set with it. Got to here and more on dpns:
Then switched to circulars, and although there were a few setbacks on the way (first time using magic loop) (and spatial relationships are not my best thing), I got it pretty well set up, and think I should be good to go on the plane.
And if not? I'll have the sock, the iPad, and a book. For a three-hour flight. Yeah. That should keep me going.

Going to mama, and Christmas, and Florida. Ahhhh. Happy merry to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment