Monday, December 09, 2013

Already a Long Week

Take a Monday morning, and one where I woke up in the dark, trying to decide if I should go to the bathroom before going back to sleep, only to have the alarm go off; add snow; everyone forgets how to drive when it snows; and my boss, immediately upon arriving, misunderstands a perfectly clear e-mail answer that I sent. Sigh.

Seriously, though, one of the directors sent a new report to be edited, and said essentially, "Here is report A, and may I ask how report B is going?" Since I am working on report B, I replied with an estimate of when it will be done. When she gets in, she tells me that SHE will take report A, since she is free. I had to tell her that yeah, I wasn't talking about that, I was answering his question about report B. Which I started editing last Thursday. When she told me to.

Sigh. Monday. Snow. Sigh. Weekend was too short.

Report B, by the way, is the analyst's first report, and boy does it show. The citations and bibliography are a mess, there are numerous ways he's not following the in-house style guide, there are spelling/typing mistakes, and then there are the spell-check-won't-help-you mistakes. Like talking about treats to a drug when you mean threats. Or mentioning clinical trails. Oops. This is going to be a long week.

So, hey, go read about the mitten tree. It's pretty amazing and cool.

2 comments:

  1. "Treats" or "Threats"? Amazing how one little letter can make a difference.

    I got my first "IDK" in a homework assignment from one of my 6th graders today. Ugh.

    The mitten tree is very cool! How much good that will do for people in need, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've found, when responding to emails, more clarification is better, even OVER clarification because someone will always just not get it.

    ReplyDelete