Wednesday, November 13, 2013

A Surprise, but a Very Very Nice Surprise


As I told you, I applied for a proofreader job over the weekend, and as I said (more than once, I believe), I knew that I might very well not hear back from them at all, particularly not soon. Of course I hoped, but being realistic, no, probably not. I didn't even check my e-mail compulsively, just the usual amount, and my heart didn't lurch when I got a message only to sink when it was something else.

That changed this afternoon!

So, yes, as you may guess, I heard from them today, about setting up a phone interview for Friday. Aaaaahhhhhhhhh!

Ahem. If you could cross your fingers for me on Friday (time to be determined), I would greatly appreciate it.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to memorize their website. In the meantime, here is this for you: a tiger cub who did not wish to prove he can swim, thank you.

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful though I'm not surprised. Fingers crossed my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Cold water! Cold cold cold cold!"

    Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete