Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Not All, But More From Sunday

So, when I mentioned on Sunday night that I'd been out all day, and put up one picture of a flower, I bet no one thought, "Wow, she took a picture," right? More like, "Wow, how many more pictures did she take? And will we see them all?" And the answer is, a lot, and most! Many of them are of flowers, since we were in Shelburne Falls and walked over the Bridge of Flowers, but there were a few others that I'll lead with.

Such as, a possible winner for the category of Theoretically Dubious Tourist Attraction: Glacial Potholes. No, really.
Yup. You can read more about them on the sign at the corner.
Or the sign overlooking.
They're actually quite pretty, in a peaceful, rocks sort of way. It's right off the main drag; I'm not sure I would have chosen to go way out of my way to see it, but I wasn't sorry to spend a few minutes there on a beautiful day.
Best of all, don't miss this sign:
Happily for my peace of mind, there was no "sudden release of water" while we were there.

On the way down that street, a woman came along with the tiniest little dog, which was so happy to have its picture taken, it couldn't stay still..
But I got a slightly better shot for giving you an idea of size.
I asked the woman how much the dog weighed, and she said three pounds. Apparently they were told it would get up to ten, but the vet said no, that's it.

I bought a book off the dollar rack outside the bookstore.
It was published in 1891. Check out the end papers!
A dollar. What a world. Fun reading ahead!

Now, what with the bike to be ridden and the cat requesting attention again, I'd best stop here. More on this later!

2 comments:

  1. I just love old books like that. They are a fascinating look into social mores of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That book does look cool. The modern version around here is I use the computer while The Cat sleeps right at my feet!

    ReplyDelete