Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Happy Knitter, Finishing Projects

I've been knitting a lot this summer, and lately I feel like I've been finishing a lot, which is a fun feeling, particularly when I am feeling the pangs of start-itis. Starting a new project is enticing, but finishing one is so satisfying!
Last night, I finished the Tardis shawl, and I love it! So, so happy. Can't wait to wash and block it, and with the upcoming three-day weekend, perhaps I will get both that and my YOlympic shawl blocked.
I started the Bigger On The Inside back in May, and would have been finished long ago had I knit nothing else since. However, I did in fact knit:
  •  My YOlympic knitting shawl
  • A hat for a friend's raffle
  •  And then a second one in the same pattern also for the raffle!
  •  Aaannnd then one for my friend's birthday, after she admired the first one in-progress (different pattern, though)

  •  As well as candy corn, because she loves it, and I've been meaning to make some for her. Aren't they cute?
 I made a whole bunch, in fact.
 Enough to fill a little cup.
I also have the Wingspan shawl in progress, and the current pair of socks are moving along; I'm more than halfway down the foot of the second sock, as of lunchtime today.
Want to see the Tardis? Blocking will do a lot for it, I think, but here:

Done, done, done! Happy dancing here.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, you should be listed on Rav. as the motivation fairy. Looking at all those beautiful FO's I want to pull out all of mine and start finishing things, right now!

    I tried on one of the hats before I washed it and loved it! What pattern is it? You may have told me but the last two weeks are a blur. I dropped them off for the raffle today and they are loved. Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Busy little thing, aren't you? I haven't done near as much over the summer and am choosing to blame it all on Tux, the lap sitter. Lovely work and I am terribly jealous. BTW - please advise what hat pattern you are using? I could use a couple of those for the church fair to accompany the 3 pair of mitts I've finished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wooooooo!!! Nice work!

    And that candy corn looks almost good enough to eat. :)

    ReplyDelete