Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Monday Day.

Am I supposed to write about Valentine's Day? Most people in blogland seem to be at least mentioning it. I mean, I wish you all a happy Valentine's Day, sure, but it doesn't have anything to do with how I spent my day. (Don't miss yesterday, though.)

Oh, wait, I take that back, my boss gave out little heart-decorated bags with a few pieces of chocolate in them. Which is nice. Otherwise, though, no. Here's my day.

I woke up this morning with a bit of a headache, leading to the usual quandary of whether it would go away or not if I went to work as usual. I decided it was safer to go in late, so I could take something and then get some more sleep to (hopefully) chase the headache away.

Carlos was thrilled with my decision: about three more hours of snuggling in bed! Though he then expected a second breakfast when I got up at last, leading to a woebegone kitty face as I left for work.

And it kind of worked: not much of a headache was left. However, I felt weird and "off" the rest of the day. Headache hangover. Fun.

I then left work an hour early to go to the dentist. Good news: only for a cleaning and exam, and they didn't find anything else. Not-so-good news: since I don't have dental insurance right now, that comes out of my pocket. Sigh. I know that preventive care is important, but the idea that I pay to go and be poked in the mouth with sharp implements bothers me, philosophically speaking.

Then it was stitch and bitch, which was fun, although I'm a little irritated with the pattern for the Frost Diamonds shawl. I guess I'm too literal (you: dying laughing at the massive understatement), but if part of the chart has a box around it to show that it repeats across the section, then one of the stitches in the box should not be meant to be knit together with one of the stitches outside the box. I'm using stitch markers! I can't knit two together across a marker! I don't think that marker positioning should be fluid like that. Apparently, though, I am alone in this belief. (Don't worry if this makes zero sense to you. I just wanted to let the frustration out. It's fine.)

Finally, the cats are curled up together, and when I tried to find a previous picture similar to how they are tonight, I saw this one, which is close, plus it's sort of heart-shaped. It'll do.


Happy any old Monday.

1 comment:

  1. About that knitting chart thing? I knit something like that where I had to move the row marker over for a row to make the psso work. The chart actually jigged left for that row. I hated that row.

    Hat came out great, though. I'm sure your project will, too.

    ReplyDelete